Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A PTL Moment

Well, my bags are packed and I'm ready to go. Someone should let baby J know.... According to China time, we are officially 1 day late. 

Crazy story, I was visiting a friend of mine in her apartment on the first floor. We were sitting out on her patio, which is enclosed by glass, chatting and having a good time. Then all of a sudden we heard this wierd whoosing sound progressively get louder causing us to pause our conversation and listen. The whoosing sound was quickly followed by a loud crashing sound that made us jump. Something had crashed right beside us on the other side of the glass barrier. The crash was so loud that everyone in her house came running to where we were asking what happened. We had know idea. We all immediately turned our attention to the ground outside to discover that the lawn was covered with shattered glass and bits and pieces of what looked like a frame. Did a window just fall out from an upper story of the building, because that is what it looked like. We were shocked and so thankful that her patio was enclosed by glass, otherwise we may have been showered by the shattered pieces as it crashed beside us. We were also thankful that no one was outside at that time, and that the glass wasn't accompanied by anything unpleasant. This was another one of those PTL moments. 

Fridge Update. Still no fridge. Yeah, not pleased with this landlord and still needing wisdom on how to deal with him. Another repair guy came to our house today to look at it. The repair guy looked like an Eskimo wearing a Texas cowboy hat and he had a very bubbly personality. All he did was, plug in our fridge, us our washroom, then talked on the phone, and came and sat next to me as I talked with my mom on skype. It was interesting. He started to talk to my mom in Chinese. My mom just smiled and said that she didn't know what to say, and really neither did I. He then stuck up his thumb and said good in Chinese. To what I don't know. I decided that it was time to call my friend to translate because I thought that he was here to look at the fridge and all he had done was plug it in. 
Just then my friend had called me. Perfect. I had her translate. Apparently the guy wanted to take the fridge to his shop and take it apart. Fine by me. It has now been over a week without a fridge. This seriously should have been taken care of right away. In need of continued wisdom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment