Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Arrival of Eternity Angela-Joy

Hello agian.....

I am back and ready to make regular entries again. 

It was a week ago today that we went to hospital expecting to have Eternity that day, yet she surprised us by taking her time coming out and didn't come 'til the following day.

Saturday night after dinner I started to have some really bad cramps, then at 3:30 in the morning I was woken by what I knew were contractions. We waited until 10am to go to the hospital. Amariah stayed with a friend of ours who has 6 children. He did amazing there. He loved the built in playmates who also adored him. 

Sunday was spent watching movies and eating take out as we waited for my contractions to get below 5 minutes apart. That took until 11pm. We then were moved to the labouring room where we stayed for a few hours before being moved to the delivering room. 

We were in the delivering room for 2 hours. The doctor kept saying that this was taking too long and that we had to get the baby out. So, every time a contraction came I had 4 Chinese women yelling at me to push. Then the strangest thing happened, I personally think that it was a God thing, since I had been labouring for 30 hours and of course was completely exhausted and felt I had nothing left in me to continue, but my contractions just stopped. Pain, everything gone completely for 15 minutes or so. I enjoyed the rest, but definitely questioned if everything was ok. I didn't know if this was normal. After about 15 minutes of absolutely nothing the contractions started up again, one after the other.

At 4am the doctor broke my water. At 4:30 the doctor started to prepare some medicines that she said would make things move a lot faster, but before she was able to give me the medicine, Eternity decided to show, PTL!!!

Patrick and I would joke through out the labouring process that it must be a girl because we are going to call her Eternity and she is taking an Eternity to come out. And I will never forget hearing that Chinese doctor say "It's a girl." So exciting!!!! We absolutely love and adore our little princess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment