Saturday, March 6, 2010

Needing Wisdom

No baby yet. I will announce it the first chance I get, I promise. 

Patrick and I are in a battle with our landlord and are needing wisdom. We have been fridgeless for the past 5 days. It stopped working Monday night. We called a repair guy to come and look at it, then we called our landlord saying that our fridge isn't working and if he would please take care of it. I will also mention that we have been having problems with our fridge ever since we moved in. Last month we asked our landlord to fix the problem and he just told us to unplug it and plug it back in. Well, now it isn't working at all. 
So, we had someone from school call a repair guy for us, because we don't speak Chinese and he never showed up for 2 days in a row. We were very upset and when we asked why the repair guy never came we were told that our land lord called and canceled it because he doesn't want to pay for it. I was furious. I had our freezer full of food for when the baby comes and we lost all of it, either from going bad or me having to give it away. Everything in our fridge and freezer is gone. We have a baby coming and no food in the house except rice and noodles. 
We got someone at school to talk to our landlord about our fridge. He said that since we have lived here more than three months we should buy our own. We said "NO!" we have been going back and forth with this guy and we are so angry. The latest is, he will buy us a new fridge but then he will raise our rent. We obviously said, "NO!!" So, we are thinking, that we will use our rent money to get a new fridge and just give the landlord the receipt. 
It has been such a battle and with the new baby coming, it is far more stressfull because I can't store anything. And since this is the land of next to no canned goods, I can't just stock my shelves with canned stuff. For some reason the Chinese don't like canned foods. They have canned foods at the western food store for like $3.00 four a can of tomato soup- completely unaffordable to stock up on. I keep repeating to myself that my battle is not with flesh and blood. Trying to keep my eyes above and taking it to the Father is a chioce that we are having to make everyday. 
Please pray for wisdom for us, and that we will get this problem fixed asap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment