Saturday, March 13, 2010

Another Hospital Experience (But not the anicipated experience)

Still waiting.... Three days late. Maybe this baby will be like Amariah. If so, we won't see it for another week. 

I went to the doctor yesterday. Something different about this hospital that I haven't experienced with one back home is the 2 hour lunch break. I was there getting a movement scan just before lunch. The nurse attending me was busy cleaning things up, putting things away and getting ready to leave. I was the last lady to get this scan before the break and I was starting to feel like I was inconveniencing the staff by being so close to lunch. 
At noon the scan was still not complete. My doctor, then, came into scanning room, dressed in her regular clothes and looking like she was heading out the door, and told me that the other doctor was waiting for me, and that I should take my results to her when I was done. At about 12:05, I was finished the scan. The nurse gave me the results and I headed for the doctors office. As I exited the scanning room I was surprised to be greeted by darkness. All the lights had been turned off and not a soul was in sight. The only light that was guiding my way to the office was sun that was peering through the few windows from the stair case. I got to the office without stumbling into anything, and was with the doctor for all of 30 seconds. Just long enough for her to look over the results and say, "It's normal." YAY!!!! She too, was in her everyday clothes. She picked up her purse and and said that it was time to leave. We parted, leaving in different directions. I walked down the hall to the elevator. No one was in sight, it was dark all except a hint of sunlight and the glowing exit signs. Doors were closed and everything was silent. I had never experienced this kind of desertedness, emptiness in a hospital. It was almost creepy. 
Arriving on the main floor I was expecting it to be its normal lively self, since it was the main entrance, however, that too was dark and deserted. Outside where there are usually drivers waiting to be hired, and people waiting to be picked up, there was no one. I usually hire one of the drivers to take me home, and the sense of panic wanted to wiggle its way into me whispering, "how are you going to get home now? You may be stuck here until lunch is over." As soon as those thoughts entered my head I rebuked them and told my self that the Lord will provide. I started to head toward the street praying that when I arrived there would be a taxi there to take me home. Again panic tried to creep its way in by telling me "the last time you tried to catch a taxi on these streets you waited for quite some time. You may be stuck." Again I wouldn't believe the thought, I rebuked it and then thanked the Lord for providing my ride home, even though I hadn't had one yet, I knew the Lord would provide. 
As soon as I arrived at the street I looked to my left and saw a taxi turning on to the street. I waved him down and got in. I was on my way home. I didn't have to wait, the Lord provided. He had the taxi there waiting to take me home. 

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATS I THANK GOD FOR YOUR NEW BUNDLE OF JOY!!!

    So glad to have heard, shocked and surprised but excited for sure, can't wait for pics!!

    Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete