Tuesday, March 2, 2010

No More Fridge

I am officially 39 weeks today. Wow!!! That seemed to go by so quickly. 
Today feels like another beautiful summer morning. Even though I know the real heat is yet to come. It is 8 am and I am already sweating in my tank top and shorts. But I am not complaining, I actually love it. 
So, yesterday our fridge stopped working. It is so frustrating because we have told our landlord that we have been having troubles with our fridge and would like it fixed, and yet he has done nothing. Now it is completely not working and we have lost all of our food that was in there. Our landlords have been frustrating from the start. The day we moved in we gave him a list of things that do not work and 5 months later some of them still aren't fixed. Our kitchen sink leaks, we have no hot water in the kitchen, our screen door is broken (which would really be nice to have now that it is hotter and the mosquitos are so prevalent), and our fridge doesn't work. When we moved in the front door didn't close, we had no shower head, and the bathroom sink didn't drain (because it was clogged with nails, batteries and a paintbrush). And believe it or not we had to stand our ground to not pay for the sink repair. If we were in North America, we never woudl have moved in at all, but since this is a common Chinese apartment situation, we are having to deal with it. Cultural learning. 
Well, I should get on with my day, lots to do. 
Thanks for the love and prayers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment