Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Present Jones Scoop

We have the certificate of no criminal record in our hands. Monday afternoon we met with the lawyer and she gave what we have been working towards since October. I can not express how excited I am to have this.after the initial excitement wore off, I had a few moments of asking the question "Now what?" But God is a God who answers prayer. both Patrick and I felt that we were to stay in China for now, so we got our tickets changed to May 14th. May 14th we will take off and head for Vancouver. Once arriving in Vancouver we plan on applying for my interview to complete my immigration process. Until May 14th both Patrick and I will be working. Patrick is working at a kindergarten, the same one I was substituting at. He will meet with the current teacher tomorrow and then he will take over her class on Monday. The teacher that he is taking over for has completed her contract with the school and has decided to head back to Canada instead of renewing it. Amariah and Daddy will be at the same school, so that is encouraging. I will continue to teacher evening and weekend English classes as well as aid in written Homework books that will accompany the students current texts. This is a huge challenge for me. They want 3 books in less than a month, so please keep me in your prayers. I have also been a part of a drime group at the church we are attending. We get to do a drime this Sunday at church which is exciting and hopefully this group will expand into the community as well. As we are here we also plan to further develop our mission focus here so that when we return to Canada we can more specifically share what our mission focus is and what we are doing to meet that focus. Lots to do and so little time, but Our God is good and our trust is in Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment