Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Amariah in Kindergarten

So, this week is just flying by, and for good reason, we are very busy. We started the week off just relaxing since Monday was a Chinese National Holiday, I am not sure what holiday that would be. Then come Tuesday, I started subtitute teaching for a kindergarten teacher who went back home for 10 days for her brothers wedding. Patrick continued to teaching kindergarten at the homeschooling program in town. And Amariah went to kindergarten for the first time. They usually start at age 2 but since I was teaching the 4 year old class at the school they allowed Amariah to join the 2 year old class. 
I wasn't sure how he would react being with a class full of people he doesn't know, but he has loved it. His first day I handed Amariah to the teacher and Amariah didn't make a peep, no tears, or crying, or any sign of discomfort. He acted like he had done this many times before. It is a really good kindergarten, they have an art program, PE program,
 music program, as well as Chinese and English classes. He has absolutely loved it. 
Today I snuck out of my class to take a peek at him in PE class. They had the children running on a mini sprinting track, I am not sure what it is called, and the teacher said that the first time Amariah c
ame in second out of his group of 4. The second time he had fun prancing like a horse. It was so cute to watch him running with the other kids. Everyday I have asked the teacher how he was and the teacher has just praised about Amariah's cheerful attitude, how he co-operates with the other kids, and his joyful spirit. The teacher said that he wishes more of his kids were like him. I am so proud of Amariah. 
And here is Amariah playing on the playground at the kindergarten. 

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it great working where your child goes to school...that is why I love it!

    ReplyDelete