Friday, May 8, 2009

Two Trips to the Hospital.

Hi All,
So sorry that I haven't been keeping you up with our adventure. I am at work now, so I must be brief, but I just wanted to share about Amariah. I just got a call from Patrick. He had to rush Amariah to the hospital. Amariah had a collision with our coffee table, which opened up his forehead. Patrick said that Amariah got 5 stitches in the forehead. The doctor said that the cut was pretty deep, therefore all 5 stitches on inside the wound and Patrick says you can't even see them. Patrick said that getting the stitches was worse than the collision with the coffee table. Amariah made quite the fuss and it took two nurses and Patrick to hold him down for the stitches. Poor guy. I just feel sick in my stomach that I wasn't there. but anyway. Amariah and Patrick are on their way home now and Patrick says Amariah is doing well.

That was the second hospital visit this week for Amariah. Last sunday we took Amariah in because his whole body broke out in eczema and was oozing liguid. And his eyes were swollen as well. He looked like a scaley tomato. And he cried all night long the night before because he wanted to scratch and we wouldn't let him. first thing Sunday morning we rushed him into the hospital and the doctor said that he had an allergic reaction to something. His first suggestion was seafood. But I don't recall feeding Amariah any seafood since being in China. Later we learned that Amariah had some shrimp at school, which he has never had before, that I can recall. So, we are guessing that he could be allergic to shell fish. He also earlier that week had an allergic reaction to insect repellant. It was a mild reaction, but he wasn't fully healed from that when he broke out in eczema all over his body about 5 days later. So, the list of things that we suspect he is allergic to is growing: Cows milk, goat milk body wash, insect repellant, and shell fish. So, it has been an eventful week with lots of medication. He also has 4 new teeth coming in. The poor guy needs a brake from all this physical pain and discomfort.

So, we are flying back to Vancouver in 6 days. I so don't feel ready to go back. But we feel that we must. So, much to do here before we take off. Hopefully I will be able to write on here a couple more times before we leave.

Thanks for your prayers, we love you all.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize Amariah had allergies. My prayers are with you guys, hopefully life will be a little less eventful hospital visit wise.

    ReplyDelete