Monday, July 5, 2010

It is worth is all.

Good Morning!!!!
It is another bright, beautiful and hot day here in Guangzhou. So, hot and humid I try not to go outside. 

Hotmail has been blocked here, unfortunately, so any of you that were e-mailing us using out hotmail accounts, we have no access to them.  Please e-mail us at thejonesadventurers@gmail.com

 A B-student of mine is heading back to her home country for a month. She wanted to have have lunch together before she left, so we had made plans for the Monday. Her boyfriend owns a Lebanese restaurant in the city and she wanted to introduce me to it. Because I can not recall having Lebanese before she wnated to treat me to the best, Hummus, babagounush (I don't know the spelling) kabobs, salad, a fruit smoothie, fries, and an ice cream sunday for dessert. I forgot that I was in China. The food was amazingly good. I didn't want to stop eating, but I couldn't pack anymore in to my already stuffed belly and yet my friend showed concern that I wasn't eating enough and wanted to get more food. I told her that if I ate any more she would be rolling me to the subway. It was such a treat, a real blessing, and a completely G- glorifying moment. She shared with genuine gratitude of how life transforming our meetings have been for her and how I had saved her life. Now I really don't know all the meaning that statement could have, and it isn't my place to know the inner parts of her, but I do know the G is good. Someone once told me, even if one person is change your going to China is worth it all. Looking at her across the table of this restaurant, I can say that it was worth it all. And the stories of how she in turn has begun to teach others is inspiring. 

Well, I have a baby crying and should go. 

1 comment: