Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I am still alive.

Patrick and I are sitting down, for the third time, to continue watching The  Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Maybe this time we will finish it. Sadly, this DVD is a bit sticky and has alot of unwanted pauses, which isn't making this go by any quicker. 

This past Sunday we celebrated Amariah's 2nd birthday. We had a wonderful Veggie Tales themed birthday party at Ferry Island, with 8 of his friends, Grammie and Grandad, Uncle Matt (Mut), Bekah, Auntie Lorna, Uncle Mark, and Larry Boy. Yes, Larry Boy was also invited to the party. Unfortunately, the life size Larry Boy wasn't as big of a hit as I thought it would be. Amariah was frightened of him. As soon as he saw Larry Boy walk into his circle of friends his smiles left and were replaced with crying and he found a hiding place behind mom. Patrick took Larry Boy for a walk, Amariah calmed down, and we didn't see Larry again as Larry. I felt bad, I guess I have to wait a few more years to introduce things like that to a birthday. I also learned that 4feet blow up Larry boy's are also not a good idea for 2 year olds. 

Over all the games, the gifts, the company, the BBQ, and the Veggie Tales movie, I believe made this day a beautiful success, and full of memories we will have forever. 

Starting Friday Patrick and I will be house sitting for some friends from church and we are totally stoked. WE get to pretend to have our own place for a bit. It will be like playing house from when we were kids. I can't wait. 

Well, the popcorn is now finished, the movie is still going and I think I will go stuggle with my other half for the rest of the movie. 

1 comment:

  1. We haven't finished that movie yet either :)
    That's sad about Larry boy :O

    ReplyDelete