Tuesday, August 24, 2010

11 days to go

One thing that I have learned as a parent is that no idea is a great idea until the child has it.
Yesterday morning Amariah and Patrick were having a pillow fight, Patrick way of getting our 'teenaged-morning-attitude' three year old out of bed. Of course Patrick let Amariah win. Amariah stood on the bed, holding his pillow proudly when he looked and me and said, "Mommy, I fight Daddy good."  
"Yes, you did," I replied. 
Then Amariah's response was, "Well, of course, I'm Superman!"
I laughed.
From there we went to the 'fight to put the pants on.' Impatiently Patrick asked Amariah, "Do you want to go to school in your underwear?"
"Yes, I want to go to school in my underwear." 
I stepped in and said, "If that's what you want to wear, that's fine."
Patrick looked at me questioning my input. I assured him that the pants would get on and he agreed to go along with it. We then proceded to carry out our normal morning routine. When it was time for the boys to go to school, I scooped Amariah up, put him in the stroller and asked for the usual hug and kiss. Amariah looked at me surprised and rather concerned. 
"What's worng?" I asked
"I don't have any pants."
"Well, of course, your superman."
Amariah looked shocked by my response. "I want pants. I need pants to go to school."
Patrick asked, "You want pant?"
"Yes!"
"OK, I'll get some." Patrick got some pants and put them on Amariah. Then we were able to have our goodbye hug. 

Anyway, 11 days left. I am starting to get those butterflies in my stomach. I had a dream last night that when the day came for us to leave, I was no where near ready. So, today I would like to getting more accomplished to ensure that doesn't happened. 

One of the men that Patrick has been talking with return to university in Xi'an. Well, we know that there was a seed planted. We gave him a good bye gift and trust that it will bless him. 

I have been asked alot lately of what I am looking forward to the most for moving back to NA. Well, yesterday while at the play place was such a prime example of what I won't miss. We often take Amariah to the indoor play room for children when it is raining or too hot to play outside. Honestly, I hate going there. But what do you do when you have a three year old that needs to burn energy. So, Amariah is running around playing, I, as usual, can't help but noticed, and cringe, at the number of toddlers running around with the croch cut out of their pants. Yes, naked bums going down slides, sitting on the teeter-totters. Everytime you see liquid on the play equipment, which is often, you really can't help but think that it must be pee. There are public washroom right there, but I think we are the only ones who use them. 
So, Amarish is running around, the old ladies often try to touch him because he is white, he just growls at them as they get closer. Then yesterday 2 older women tried to give him food, some bread and a biscuit. I quickly intervene and say no thank-you. And as usual the ladies insist that it is ok. I repeatedly say no thank-you, and as usual they insist that it is ok. They are handing him the food and I take it away and give it back, they hand him the food, I take it away and give it back. They say its ok. I tell them it is not ok, he has an egg allergy and I don't know what is this bread. They say "no egg, just bread." I am not stupid, I know that almost all Chinese bread has egg in it and I know that the particular brand that they were giving him has egg in it. But as usual, they don't listen. I will NOT miss this daily fight with old ladies. So, I take the food and put it in my pocket and tell Amariah to go and play else where. 
Then shortly after that, a lady comes over to admire Eternity. The lady notices that I have a pair of jeans on Eternity (they are super adorable, little jean shorts). Anyway, this lady procedes to inform me that putting jeans on babies is bad and that I shouldn't do it. She started to grab at the shorts and wanted me to take them off. I thanked her for her concern, but I was ok with her wearing the jean shorts. She was astonished that I wasn't listening to her, so took it upon herself to send the next 5 minutes telling me that jeans on babies are bad. Well, I happened to noticed the time, and it was time to go. I called Amariah over and we got our shoes and left. This lady followed me out of the play place telling me that I should take the jeans off. I turned and thanked her for her concern and then said goog bye. As we left a Grandfather was holding his grandson over a potted plant, inside the clubhouse where the play place is, and was using it as a toilet. I guess the public washroom around the corner was too far away. 
So, that is a typical outting. What am I looking forward to...I know you can imagine

No comments:

Post a Comment