Saturday, June 12, 2010

Update

Apologies for not updating sooner, on Wednesday, I moved in with some friends who helped me look after the children. I was very grateful for the help. I haven't been on the internet since, but now you know where I have been.

Patrick has arrived safely back in China and we are very thankful. He is currently resting from the long journey.

On Tuesday Amariah had his last IV. Getting the IV put into his foot was a challenge as three nurse had to hold him down. My heart went out to him as he screamed and cried. I had to keep reminding myself that this was helping him. Once it was in Amariah was fine. I had earned from the previous day that sitting around for hours waiting for the IV to finish is boring, so I came prepared for this one. Once Amariah was set up in his chair I set up the movie Cars on our portable DVD player, and set out snacks and drinks for him to graze from. The time went by fast and Amariah was a happy boy. PTL Amariah has not thrown-up since Monday. He is now eating normally and is back to his normal self, just in time for Dad's return. Eternity's eyes are also back to normal. I am continuing to give her eye drop, though, just to be sure that we kill the infection.

Last night Amariah attended a birthday party for one of his church friends. It is hard to believe that in a couple of days we will be celebrating Amariah's 3rd birthday as well. It is amazing how fast the time has gone. This friend of Amariah's, Joanna, has a mother from Peru and a Father from Scotland. The party food was a treat because it was 'so not Chinese.' The kids sang songs, played with play dough, and punching balloons, which were a huge hit. Amariah had eaten something with egg in it while we were there, and I was worried he would break out in a rash as he normally does, but PTL nothing happened, that I have noticed so far, anyways.

Since Patrick hasn't worked this month, we have pulled Amariah out of school. Today we got a call from Patrick's boss, the one who said she would talk to the police for us. She informed us that everything is fine and that it was a routine check-up that they had to do. We are feeling much better about things now. Patrick is planning on returning to the school tomorrow. During this week I have made a couple more connections in the kingdom here that we believe were divine and will aid us in the work we are called to do here before we leave. We have returned to our original plan to return to the States September-ish. We are always seeking the Lord for direction and conformation, so unless we are led otherwise, this is our plan, Lord providing.

Thank-you for your prayers,

We love you all,

Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment