Monday, June 7, 2010

In Need of a Healing Touch

Today is Monday, Patrick left Thursday and both of the kids have been sick since he left. Amariah threw-up at the dinner table the day Patrick left and it was that same night I noticed discharge in Eternity's left eye. Amariah threw-up three times the next day, unable to even keep down sprite and soda crackers. Eternity still had discharge. A good friend of mine came over and we prayed for the kids together. The next day seem better. Amariah ate a little, but not much. The good news was, he didn't throw-up. I thought that he was getting better, but starting at 2 am, he continued to throw-up. The good thing was he never acted sick, his spirits were up and he played just fine. After throwing up Sundays lunch I wanted to take him to the hospital. I called my friend who came over and convinced me to wait one more day. We prayed together again. But then this morning Amariah started the day leaning over the toilet, and Eternity's eye was looking really bad. I packed a bag and heading to the hospital where we stayed for 5 1/2 hours. Amariah was given an iv and Eternity's was given eye drops. Thankfully one of the Chinese workers from the school came to help, which was much appreciated. Amariah was screaming and crying and didn't want any of the nurses touching him. I started crying too. The doctor believes that Amariah's digestive system was inflamed and was caused by food poisoning. We are to go back to the hospital for another iv. Please pray for him and me. Pray for peace and healing. I believe that the medication is working, he has eaten since the iv, and so far we have not revisited the food. PTL. Patrick is due to return to us on Friday. Please pray that the rest of time with only with the kids will go more smoothly and that the kids will heal 100% before Dad gets back (by morning would be even better). 

Thanks for your prayers, 
Love you all, 
Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment