Wednesday, February 24, 2010

13 days til Baby J

So, the weather is absolutely beautiful. The sun is shining, there's a hint of blue sky and it is warm. I was definitely born to live in the sun. It is amazing how much my attitude can change when I am in the sun. I believe there can be a spiritual application here.

Anyway, Even though my contract at work is well over, I still get called in to edit the same books I have been working on for the past 2 months. I really don't know how to describe working with the Chinese staff at the company when it comes to book writing. It really is frustrating. I feel as though I have been correcting the same mistakes for the past 2 months, why? I really don't know. So, yesterday I went into the office and I sat down with another Canadian teacher to look over the books. And not only did we find the same mistakes we have already corrected, there were new ones. When I asked how could there be new ones, the answer I received was, "Maybe the computer is broken." Then when I asked why they haven't changed the mistakes we have already corrected, they said, "I don't know." Anyway, I won't vent on this issue on here. I vent on it verbal far too often. 

So, After a doctors visit for the regular prenatal, I got into the front seat of a taxi to head home. I went to put my seat belt on and the driver stopped me and said "no." I replied with, "yes." He was so persistant with his "no" that he took the seat belt out of my hand, put his hand on my belly and said, "It's not safe for the baby." "Are you kidding me?" I thought to myself. I am in China where drivers take traffic laws as a suggestion and drive like mad people and he is trying to tell me that driving in the front seat of a crazy taxi ride would be safer without a seat belt. I became more persistant in return and told him that I am wearing my seat belt. He backed off and said, "Your choice." Yeah, you bet it is my choice. It amazes me how different North American ideas of safety and Chinese ideas of safety differ so greatly. 

Well, I will continue on with my day, first doing stuff around the house with the Canada/Russia hockey game on t.v accompanied by Chinese commentary. The only things I understand are Canada, and numbers. CANADA just SCORED!!!!!! 5-1 YAY!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment