Sunday, March 22, 2009

MUP???

Well, it is 4am and I can't sleep. I have been up since 1am and I don't know why I can't sleep. I usually interpret my inability to not sleep as God telling me to pray. I have been praying and now I don't know what to pray for and I am longing to hear His voice. 

Patrick and I connected with a missionary couple here yesterday that we had met 5 years ago here in China. We didn't spend alot of time with them 5 years ago, but there was something there that made it feel like we have always known them. Even after a brief visit, spiritually we seem to have bonded. They are a part of a mission organization called MUP, Mission to Unreached Peoples. I just finished reading up on them and I was really impressed with what I read. I could see my self with an organization like this. Next to YWAM I have never really pictured myself with another organization. If I am to join a mission organization I need to be passionate about the vision, the focus and besides YWAM I never really had that before. But, I don't know. Maybe MUP is something Patrick and I could pray about. Our hearts our so passionate about spreading the Gospel, yet our efforts to join YWAM at this time have not worked out. We have been doing the work that we can do at this time, helping out with a homeschooling program, and fasting a meal to walk around the city handing our food to the beggars. It has been good, but we are still feeling a bit lost, unfocused. Lord I pray for your guidance. 

1 comment: