Thursday, May 13, 2010

Loving the Light

I can't remember the last time that I posted on my blog. Sorry about that. 
I currently have 2 electricians in my home. One working on the intercom thing for letting people into the apartment building and the other working on the kitchen light. I believe that I have ranted about the unfortunate things wrong with this place before and I feel I should give a little update. We did finally get a new screen door for the patio. The screen door for our front door got fixed, and our washing machine no longer floods the deck. We had to withhold our rent to get the landlord to do these things. There are still so many things wrong but the landlord once says he shouldn't have to do anything else. Well, we have an electrical problem in the kitchen and as a result we have had no light in there for a week. But PTL that is getting fixed. You don't realize how much you appreciate the little things until they are gone. It has felt a bit like camping trying to do the dishes in the dark. I would bring them into the dining room to make sure they were clean. The light above the stove helped with the cooking, but all the prep work was done in the diningroom. As fun as that was, I am thinkful to now have light in the kitchen again, it was difficult to function without the light. Appreciate the light. This story could have some spiritual principles, hmmmmm....... 

No comments:

Post a Comment